Peanuts (or ground nuts, earthnuts) are originated in South America. There is a debate on while peanuts are nuts (as revealed by the name) or not. In fact, these nuts are edible seeds and are related to beans and soy. In Pakistan peanuts are mostly eaten as raw and sometimes as roasted or salted but rarely as chocolate-coated. Ground nuts can also be eaten in the form of peanut butter or peanut oil, as in USA.
Ground nuts are also used for garnishing dessert sand cakes. Many peanut snacks are available in the market and are liked by the people. Hence these can be enjoyed in many ways, as per taste of an individual unless you are allergenic to it.
Earthnuts are rich source of nutrition like fats (mono and polyunsaturated), fibers and proteins. They are also known as calorie-rich food. These nuts can be used for weight loss because it is a low-carb food. It helps to reduce the risk of diseases related to Heart.
1 cup or 146g of ground nuts contains the following nutrients.
Common Ways To Use Peanuts (Moongphali):
Earthnuts, a protein rich food, are used in different ways. Most popular of them are given as:
- Raw peanuts: it is also known as ‘cracking and snacking’. When you are sitting in a park or watching a movie it will help you a lot to feel good and will enhance your enjoyment.
- Peanut Butter: In America almost 94% people have a jar of peanut butter in their homes. This butter can be used to make cookies, candies, dips, sauces and snacks etc. The way of making peanut butter is:
- 1 cup nuts
- 1 tbs oil
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbs honey
Simply blend all the ingredients together in a food processor or a high powered blender.
- · : Most of us like to sprinkle moongphali on desserts, salads and ice creams. This way it is used to enhance the taste.
- · : Peanuts are eaten as snacks and are very enjoyed by the people. Mixed with corns and grams and then roasted in salt, make them yummy to eat.
- · It is dairy-free milk made by peanuts. It is delicious and very beneficial for Health.
How to Make Peanuts Milk?
Take ½ cup of shell-free groundnuts. Soak them into a cup of water overnight. Then grind in a blender and extract the milk.
- Peanut Oil: This oil is also extracted from raw peanuts and it is used in cooking.
- Peanut Flour: Peanuts are crushed to make flour of it. It can be used in baking and cooking.
Health benefits include:
- Peanuts help to reduce the risk of stroke.
- It help to maintain weight loss.
- Moongphali help to maintain blood sugar.
- It help to improve Heart health.
- It helps to improve heart health.
You may also like: